Shout it from the mountaintops! I lost 10 pounds! Of course I have a LONG way to go...

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Fat Counter

Saturday, January 26, 2008

January Success

I'm very proud to say that for the first time in 8.5 years of marraige..... We balanced our checkbook! Wow. I know, how can you go 8 years without balancing a check book? I won't tell you. We also successfully executed a budget. Well, we actually have 5 days left in January, I guess, but it's looking good. I bought groceries today for the last time this month, and I have about 4 of my $500 left. I never thought I could keep our grocery bill under 500 (to include diapers, soap, cat litter, and of course, food for 6). It was pretty painless too! I do admit that we ate out as a family twice- which we didn't budget for. However we only spent 28 on two meals for 6!!! How did we do it you ask? I shamefully admit to having spent 1.50 on everyone at Burger King one day after ballet, and we ate one evening at Cici's Pizza where certain members of our family eat free. Thankfully they reimbursed him for some gas money, so our splurge is covered.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Okay...your Momma is impressed! And I am NOT surprised you went 8 years without balancing a checkbook...but I am a tad surprised that Ian did...I thought opposites were supposed to attract? Way to go on the groceries...just to clarify for your slow Mom...did you mean $4.00 left or $400.00?? Keep up the good work...you're gonna need those dollars for college $ one day for those chillin's
I also think you should start a blog for Mom's at home like you...I keep saying you are a talented writer!

becky.onelittle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.