I used to think it was part of every girl's make up to be talkative and to try to manipulate authority from a very young age to get what you wanted. Micaela started to do that around the time Nathaniel was born- 15 months old. Gabriel and Nathaniel confirmed my observations. They don't manipulate- they either fight it with screams and cries or go along quietly and begrudgingly, unless of course they just do it because they like to please you. Asher on the other hand talks. He tries to talk his way into and out of anything. He has a HUGE vocabulary for a two year old. He does NOT know how to be silent. He HAS to have the last word without even knowing why.
Our rule is the kitchen has to be clean before I make breakfast, and the kids' rooms have to be clean before they can eat breakfast. At 8:00 this morning our chores were still being done, and Asher had spent the last hour and a half whining about being hungry. He said everything he could think of about how hungry he was. As Micaela and Nathaniel and I worked in the kitchen and dining area, I gave Elizabeth a banana to keep her busy and quiet. Asher walked in and said in his most pitiful voice: "Mom, God did make us so special, and I want a banana." Hehe, I think that is soooo funny right now, but it doesn't read that funny :)
Noah's Game and Allie's Adventure
1 month ago

4 comments:
I chuckled too =) Kids have so many things to say!
My comment won't post in the chat box. Please tell me you ARE going to write a post with road trip tips and link to me tomorrow.....right. ::snort::
I laughed too - btw.
Umm, I confess I don't really know how to do the Mr. Linky thing, so I never bother participating in those memes or rings or whatever they are... But I'll write up a post and try to figure it out :) When I look at your family (and others) we seem soooo small (especially since our kids are sooo little ;) I don't think of me being a supersize family mom.
Post a Comment