Two year olds can NOT be trusted with a bottle of sunscreen. Even if it is sitting high up out of reach on the back porch. It is possible that the two year old may empty the entire brand new bottle out on your concrete porch and then commence rubbing it in. He may then enlist aid from his conspirators- those elder siblings who should be guiding him away from wrong by their exemplary behavior. If any of that should happen my advice is to give them a big bucket of water and some scrub brushes. Let them scrub the porch for a few hours. It won't help. The sunscreen will be there for weeks, and be slippery for days, but it'll be just as fun for them as rubbing it in was. Did they learn a lesson? No, they begged for days to clean the porch again.

2 comments:
This reminds me of a daughter of mine who poured a box of cream of wheat on the kitchen floor (I hope you readers appreciate the grainy, small texture of cream of wheat). I believe she was about 2 yrs. and who then enlisted her younger 1 year old sister to help clean it up. I felt grit on my feet for weeks and that's when I first became compulsive about wearing house shoes. By the way, the 2 yr. olds' name was Becky. Hmmnnnn. I guess what they say is true...what goes around comes around.
LOL - too funny!
Post a Comment