Shout it from the mountaintops! I lost 10 pounds! Of course I have a LONG way to go...

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Fat Counter

Friday, May 12, 2006

The Great White Hunter

I have been reprimanded. I was supposed to have written that Ian got both Toms with one shot! Everybody say ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, aaaaaaahhhhhhh.
Daddy went hunting this morning with Jim from church. He's holding Jim's gun in the photo because his was already back in the case. Jim is from eastern Kentucky- like Harlan or some other teeny tiny H town out there. Jim can clean a turkey fast. The boys were in awe. Micaela was in shock.


It was really cool to get to see the whole birds. Micaela wants the feathers.

Nathaniel liked watching them clean the bird. Here they are pulling the leg apart. I had no idea fresh turkey would smell like fish when you clean it.
I wish I could have taken more pictures, but the kids and I had to run pick up the produce from co-op. Nathaniel was very sad to leave. Needless to say, we're having a turkey tonight!

1 comment:

becky.onelittle said...

My first deer indeed! The turkey was very good. It is tougher than what you would buy in the store, but it had better flavor to it. It was more lean and had a slight taste of game to it. It was not squishy at all like store bought turkeys tend to be.

We baked the first turkey last night with an apple and a carrot inside the cavity. Tonight we made turkey pot pie with the left overs. Both meals were very good.

By the way, Michelle, what are "turkies"?

Love you all.

Ian