Shout it from the mountaintops! I lost 10 pounds! Of course I have a LONG way to go...

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Fat Counter

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Today we have successfully trashed our entire house. How did it happen? I really couldn't say except that we took Micaela to ballet right after lunch and I didn't get the dishes done. It spiraled down hill after that. Also, I didn't get dinner made before church, so we fed the kids hard boiled eggs and potato salad. Ian and I are pretty hungry and very determined not to go out or go to the store, so it looks like we're going to have bed time snacks of oatmeal and peanut butter. I'm consumed with food right now, so I'd better move on before I get lost on the topic.

In other news... Today I started a new Bible study. I'm hoping to keep myself accountable to actually finish this book and to work on it daily. In the first day's lesson, I was encouraged to set a goal and name a sin that prevented my achieving that goal. They basically told me that the goal is to KNOW Jesus, and anything else is either icing on the cake or self-righteousness. So my goal is to know Jesus. I'd say that the sin which prevents me from knowing Christ more is laziness or lack of perserverence/diligence in applying myself to know him more. I'm making a pretty public confession, so everyone should check up on me once in a while. The study lasts a year and lessons run by weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Everyone knows that Micaela wants a cat. Today two kittens were playing in our backyard. They were so sweet pouncing on each other and rolling all around. She really wanted to keep them, but they were obviously wild. They ran away.

Nathaniel and Micaela got balloons at church tonight. Nathaniel walked outside into the parking lot and let go of the string. Ian immediately got ready to console him, but Nathaniel didn't make a sound. He stood perfectly still and watched it ascending. Ian dragged him to the car. Nathaniel kept his face glued to the sky and hung out of the door to watch it completely disappear. He never said a word. I think he's a scientist at heart and that was an experiment: he was developing his powers of observation.

Gabriel the gripe is extremely cranky right now. Either he's getting sick or his 8 teeth coming in are finally getting to him. He really is having a hard time.

Ian is complaining that my potato salad gave him a soar throat. I really can't fathom how the two could be related, but I guess you just can't please everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just reading your blog exhausts me.

Love you!