Shout it from the mountaintops! I lost 10 pounds! Of course I have a LONG way to go...

www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Fat Counter

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More Rain!

Bubba's Harley


Play-dough time.


Peanut butter is gooooood!


I know all you southerners must think me odd, but anytime it rains in the desert is cause to celebrate. Becky has been very busy working on her term papers for college. Pray for us that we finish strong. Finals are in a week and a half. Becky and the kids went to a playgroup today at a friends house. They had a wonderful time. When I got home today our neighbor gave me a date tree from his backyard. I was thrilled so I immediately went to the backyard and with the help of Nate & Gabe we planted it just before it began raining. Now we'll see how long it lasts before one of the monkeys tries to swing from it. Becky has finally finished cutting out the 1,327,492 felt characters she purchased for felt board lessons. They look like fun. She can't wait to teach with them. The kids are learning all about the jungle and jungle animals this week. Feel free to call and make gorilla sounds or elephant calls. The kids would love it.

Every Sunday our church takes a few minutes to bless the children. All the adults take a child in hand or lay their hands on them and someone leads us in praying a blessing over them. I have been trying to do this regularly and would like for anyone who wants to take the time to do this also. I have a book that guides parents through the process until they are comfortable doing it on their own so I will post a blessing from there so that we all can be praying for the same thing. I trully believe that grandparents, aunts and even great aunts have an important role in the development of our children. Praying is one of the most powerful things you can do for these kids. Micaela will not let me forget to bless her before she goes to bed every night.

Obedience: I bless you with a submissive spirit that will joyfully and willingly obey the commands of God. Be careful to obey God's laws and do not turn from them to the right or the left that you may be successful wherever you go. May the word of God not depart from you mouth, but may you meditate on it day and night and be careful to do according to all that is wwritten in it. Then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success. Joshua 1:7-8 Psalm 1:1-6; 25:10 Proverbs 6:20-23 Isaiah 1:19

One more thing, we are taking a vote for naming the new boy. What do you all think about Asher? It means happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ian, God works in such beautiful ways in our lives. I truly wish I had knowledge and understanding about blessing your children when they are young when mine were! But with God's help, it is not too late. I have been reading and hearing about this a lot lately. I think it is wonderful and encourage you in this. Your children are blessed to have you and Becky for parents. I will attempt to post blessings for them as well.

Pink purses for Nate will go away soon! Peanut butter is wonderful! Micaela...please don't try to fly!

Becky, (is that a little belly on Micaela!!) She is getting to be a little girl ...not such a toddler.

Love you all..

Nana